APRIL 2016.- Ciber Risks and D&O coverage. Fitcht comments. (Business
RESOURCES D&O INSURANCE FROM DERMERULE.- On Abengoa
JANUARY 5, 2015. D&O liability insurance market remains competitive with ample capacity.Business Insurance The directors and officers liability insurance market remains a buyers' market, with competitive prices and ample capacity. While primary pricing may ...D&O liability and insurance market newcomers contributing to soft market - Business Insurance
AUGUST 2013.-Markel liability boss defends scope of D&O cover amid calls for reform. Post Online Markel liability boss defends scope of D&O cover amid calls for reform ... all situations”, following calls by the Institute of Directors for liability insurance reform. Directors' liability insurance in UK in need of reform World Finance Directors and officers (D&O) insurance is designed to cover the costs of legal actions, but some policy providers are reportedly withholding financial aid without ...
JULY 2013.- AIG expands D&O Side A capacity to $100m .- Moneycontrol.com . American International Group, Inc announced that it is now offering globally up to $100 million in limits for Side A Directors and Officers liability insurance. FDIC waging legal battle against hundreds of former bank leaders Washington Post . Many claims are covered by liability insurance that banks take out for their directors and officers, but ongoing legal expenses will eat away at those policies The Bridgecorp Case & Directors' Insurance. LawFuel.co.nz. In a decision that sent shockwaves through the Australasian insurance industry, the High Court held that three of Bridgecorp's directors (Messrs Steigrad, Davidson and Urwin) (the directors) were not able to access the Directors and Officer's Insurance ...
BUSINESS INSURANCE / http://www.businessinsurance.com/section/topics?tagID=256
STEELBRIDGE. Why Your Nonprofit Needs Directors and Officers Liability Insurance. http://www.steelbridgeins.com/blog-0/bid/87551/Why-Your-Nonprofit-Needs-Directors-and-Officers-Liability-Insurance
Key features of nonprofit Directors and Officers Liability Insurance may include:
- Entity coverage: Most policies now include coverage for claims made against the organization itself, even if Directors or Officers are not included in the claim.
- Employment Practices Liability coverage: Nonprofit Directors and Officers Liability policies also help protect insured persons of the organization against damages from claims for wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination and unfair employment practices.
- Limits of liability: There are a variety of coverage limits offered by most insurance companies. These can range from $1,000,000 up to $10,000,000 depending on the size of the nonprofit.
- Deductibles: Deductibles range from $500 and go up to $5,000. Again, the deductible can range depending on the size and ability of the nonprofit to manage costs under the deductible.
- Duty to defend: Most policies are committed to fair resolution of claims and the insurance company has the obligation to defend.
- Defense coverage: Many nonprofit Directors and Officers Liability Insurance policies offer defense coverage outside the limit of liability. This means that defense costs would not reduce the overall limit of liability.